How I Think
1. WHATS THE QUESTION BEING ASKED? – what are you trying to determine or learn? >> determine the key business areas that can yield disproportionate ROI for the investment
2. WHAT’S THE PROCESS FOR ANSWERING THAT QUESTION? – how do you determine or find the answer? >> identify where and how to find the answer
3. WHAT ARE THE MOST VALUABLE ACTIONS YOU CAN TAKE WITH THAT ANSWER? >> list all possible actions of value
4. WHAT ACTIONS ARE REALLY WORTH DOING? >> evaluate each action in relation to goal achievement – is [action] the best action to take for the [time], [effort], and [money] required to get better results? – determine and set the variables: effectiveness, effort, money, resources, time, etc. – identify the extremes in variable values: time = 2-min vs 2 years, money = free vs $1M+ – determine the real individual values of the variables – prioritize variables based on weighted individual values – filter [action] through prioritized variables to determine if it’s worth doing, or sequence in doing
5. WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO TAKE THAT ACTION? >> if known, define the tactical process >> if unknown, start at #1 again
asking a waterfall of questions that increases focus and narrows scope with each answer… providing enough quantifiable information to ask even better questions next
shake (ask questions) >> sort/rank (evaluate/keep-dump/prioritize) >> shake >> sort/rank > is this something i can 80/20 to cut out noise, and get better data? > what mile markers or bread crumbs lead to the best possible business?
if you fully understand a, b, and c – you don’t have to choose any of them – you can choose a thread that integrates all 3 – and thats where huge breakthroughs come from… it’s transformative
for example… whens the best time to send an email?
Whens the best time to send an email?
a. when guru says
b. anytime is good c. when you get the most opens or clicks
c. when you get the most opens or clicks
the answer is none of the above…
d. 30 minutes before each person on your list normally opens their emails
knowledge needed: recency, frequency, monetary, email saas, email importance, factoring decay, etc.
Now that you know How I Think you may be able to put this to action in your business here